Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Gear!

Ok, a word about the gear.



As I mentioned I will talk only about the gear I am using, or the gear I had opportunity to test. I am a Nikon user and that doesn't mean that the only right gear is Nikon Gear.

For HDR it is important, that camera records RAW files ant that camera has option for bracketing for  +-1 or +-2EV. Actually the most crucial are shots that are recorded at 0EV, +2EV and -2EV.

I was working a long time on Nikon D700, now I am using D3x and boat are great cameras but they are no longer in sale program.






So I have tested Nikon D7000, D600 and D800. All three are great cameras. Of course If I would be buying camera body for me I would certainly buy Nikon D800 with its 36MP CMOS sensor.




Nevertheless I know I am talking about big money and it is hard to earn now days but for good work I would recommend mentioned cameras:
 Users of other brand cameras will deffinitely get similar results with similar range camera. As I said it is the most important that camera records RAW and it has bracketing options.





What about the lenses. That is another cost, but the most important. Why would anybody buy an expensive camera and than a chip lens which is even more crucial for good results than camera. Everybody should remember, we buy camera body for 4 to 6 years, but we buy lenses for longer period sometimes for life.

For HDR photography you will need 99,5% of the time wider lenses so on full frame cameras 14-24 and 24-70mm. Or some other in that range and DX lenses 10-18 and 17-55mm. You don't need F/2,8 most expensive lenses, but certainly don't buy kit lenses for DX sensors that are the cheapest, and if you use Nikon camera, than you should use Nikkor lens, Canon camera users use Canon lenses, Sony users use Sony lenses. So original brand lens for the camera, otherwise it might happen that you will regret it a lot. 



Red Devil Script

Tomorow I will say few words about other crucial equipment that makes life easier when shooting HDR images.

All in Passion for HDR! 

Greetings from Slovenia!

Samo Trebizan




Learn Photography Online with the Pros

No comments:

Post a Comment